THE LISTED INTERNSHIP POSITION HAS BEEN GIVEN OUT. WE ARE THINKING ABOUT FURTHER INTERNSHIP OPPORTUNITIES. IF YOU WANT US TO KEEP YOU UPDATED ABOUT OPENINGS, PLEASE WRITE US A BRIEF EMAIL AT email@example.com.
Who: Transfair Ltd.
When: Flexible dates, ideally starting mid-February 2012 (approx. 3-6 months)
Transfair is a young start-up empowering educated people in Africa, Asia, South- and Central America to create fair, safe and sustainable income opportunities. For more information klick here.
We are looking for an intern who is interested in supporting us in the early stages (pre-funding) of building a sustainable, effective organization. You should be interested in innovative, entrepreneurial approaches to poverty alleviation and the global south in general.
What we offer:
• Work with a purpose!
• Diverse work and firsthand experience in an evolving start up.
• Responsibility for projects and processes.
• Working closely with the founder and having the opportunity to influence strategic planning.
• Lots of on-the-job learning.
• The opportunity to participate in the flourishing start-up scene in Berlin with lots of educational events and networking opportunities for start-ups.
• Result-oriented self management. Great flexibility, no fixed working hours, home working days, possibility to take days off.
• A great office environment in the social impact lab (an incubator for social enterprises with great networking opportunities and interesting in-house training events in Kreuzberg, Berlin).
• A copy of, and an in-house training on the implementation of, “The 7 habits of highly effective people”.
• 200 €/month.
What we are looking for:
• Interest in social entrepreneurship and the developing world.
• Mastery of the English language.
• Willingness and ability to work independently and result oriented.
• Good communication skills (also intercultural communication).
• Attention to detail.
• Good computer knowledge (MS Office, online research, basic social media skills).
• Willingness to learn new skills when required.
Appreciated (some of the following would be great):
• First-hand experience in Africa/ Asia.
• Language skills; in particular: German, French or Spanish.
• Good networking/presentation skills.
• Web design, programming skills, pay-per-click advertisement or search-engine optimization.
• Interest in marketing.
What you will do:
The first thing we ask our interns to do is to write a list of things they would like to learn/experience throughout the internship. Considering your “wish list”, your skills and the company’s needs, we will figure out your tasks together. Here is a list of things that we plan to be doing in the upcoming months. We will definitely need your help with the first point:
• Communication with service partners and customers. Workflow management.
• Acquisition, testing and training of new service partners in Africa, Asia, and South and Central America.
• Improve the website (testimonials/pictures/design/text/seo).
• Customer acquisition.
• Development of training materials for Service Partners.
• Social Impact Measurement.
• Looking for money (business angels, social venture capital, private investors).
• Recruiting staff (developers).
• Attending various events where we pitch Transfair.
• Designing and programming the platform.
Please send your application (by email) including a genuine letter of motivation, your relevant skill-set (and how you developed it) and your “wish list”. Let us know which of the tasks we will be working on seems interesting to you (and why). Also feel free to ask any questions; we are very flexible.
Contact: Stephan de la Peña (firstname.lastname@example.org).